- The program is designed for students in Years 5 – 12 who already demonstrate a strong level of play.
- Students participate in up to two hours per day (depending on their Year Level at school) for performance training in addition to normal academic studies.
- Training sessions are conveniently based at Homebush and Concord, both venues less than 10 minutes from the College and students are transported by private shuttle.
The program focuses on elite athlete development, encompassing strength and conditioning, on-court training and match play, injury prevention, sports psychology, nutrition, tournament mentoring, and US college guidance.
Students participating in this exclusive program will have access to an extensive range of competition pathways, including state, national and international tournaments and championships.
Voyager also regularly arranges for our students to compete against and alongside some of the best young players from overseas, dramatically fast-tracking their development.
About Voyager Tennis Academy
Voyager Tennis runs one of Australia’s largest player development programs and works with over 100 nationally ranked players across Sydney. It has more than 40 program graduates who are currently in the United States on college tennis scholarships – with many more who will follow this pathway in the coming years.
The Elite Tennis program at The McDonald College is overseen by Voyager’s head coach Luke Bourgeois, a former professional who has played with tennis legends on the world stage.
- 2022 Most Outstanding School – NSW Tennis Awards
- 2022 Coaching Excellence, Development (Luke Bourgeois) – NSW Tennis Awards
- 2019 Most Outstanding School – NSW Tennis Awards
- 2018 Australian Schools Championships National Winner
As Micheal Zhang proves, our Elite Tennis Program can be a pathway to US universities.
Micheal was the 2019 Captain and Dux of The McDonald College and a graduate of the Voyager Tennis Academy.
He achieved an ATAR of 99.8 and a perfect SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) Score.
He was offered several places at prestigious US universities before accepting a scholarship at Harvard University to study Applied Mathematics & Economics.
Get in touch with our Registrar
02 9752 0507 | email@example.com