With our proud heritage in ballet training and all forms of dance – we believe that rhythmic gymnastics is a synergistic partnership for The McDonald College. To our knowledge, there is no other partnership like this anywhere in Australia.
What is rhythmic gymnastics?
Rhythmic gymnastics is an Olympic and Commonwealth Games sport that is at once technical, creative, and athletic. It is a sport adored around the world for its grace and elegance.
Rhythmic gymnasts develop strength and flexibility through all muscle groups. They cultivate artistry as they learn how to perform technical routines choreographed to music. Each routine is carefully constructed to showcase specific body movements, combined with a sequence of hand-held apparatus skills.
What you will learn
Our classes traverse a broad range of subjects including those specific to the sport
- clubs, and
You will also receive tuition in
- dance and movement
- strength and conditioning.
Students participating in this exclusive program will have access to an elite range of performance opportunities and competition pathways including
- concerts and displays
- school and club competitions
- inter-club, state, national and international tournaments.
In addition to the technical skills required to be a rhythmic gymnast, students will develop vital and transferrable ‘soft skills’ such as
- hand-eye coordination
- confidence, and
- The program is designed for students from Years 5 – 12
- It is suited to those who are already performing at an elite level in rhythmic gymnastics
- While working in small, targeted training squads, we focus on nurturing individual athletes to perform to the best of their abilities
- Students receive up to 10 hours of training (depending on their Year Level at school) with Synergy Gymnastics Academy
- Students continue their education through to the HSC in a safe and supportive environment.
Possible career paths
- Professional performer
- Teacher / coach
By undertaking full-time academic studies at The McDonald College, you will also be keeping your options open for tertiary study or a successful career in a completely different arena of your choosing.
How to apply
- Enrolments for Years 7 – 12 are now open
- Please email email@example.com for further information and to arrange a trial class and assessment
- We also encourage you to attend an Open Day
Synergy Gymnastics Academy
Our Rhythmic Gymnastics program is delivered by Synergy Gymnastics Academy.
Training sessions are conducted by Marianna Lendvai who is a Fédération Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG) Level 3 High-Performance coach.
She is an international gymnast (originally from Hungary) with over 12 years of competing at an international level and over 10 years of elite-level coaching in Australia.
Get in touch with our Registrar
02 9752 0507 | firstname.lastname@example.org