Our state-of-the-art Boarding House is located within the College grounds on the second, third and fourth floor of the new administration building. We accommodate Male and Female Boarders in Year 7 to Year 12 from the inner and outer suburbs of Sydney, country NSW, interstate and internationally.
Our boarding house lodges up to 45 students and is designed to provide increasing levels of privacy as the girls become more independent and mature. Students in Year 10 and 11 are in double rooms, and Year 12 students have single rooms. Each student is provided with a single bed, wardrobe and workstation with internet access. You can find more images of the facilities below.
Our boarding house is located within the College grounds and it is a short covered walk to the school and performing arts areas, which includes dance studios, a music floor with a recording studio and a drama theatre. The close proximity to our Performing Arts facilities gives students every opportunity to participate in our After Hours classes and activities. The boarding accommodation (Markham House) was launched officially in June 2016 and is named after its founding members. We would like to thank architects Leffler Simes for their creative vision and the Capital Grants Programme of the Australian Government for partly funding this project.
BOARDING HOUSE ETHOS
- Ensure boarding is complementary and a valuable addition to the home experience
- Provide a secure and caring environment, supervised by adults, in which the students will grow and develop academically, socially, physically, morally and emotionally, and to provide the opportunity to pursue their choice of performance
- Provide a community life in which the students become independent and self-sufficient, and also responsible citizens who live harmoniously with and care for one another
- Encourage students to broaden their horizons by engaging in an extensive school program – both during and after school
- Communicate regularly and effectively with students, parents and staff
- Encourage the girls to accept responsibility for their actions by developing self-discipline
- Maintain a transparent boarding environment where parents and family are welcome
FEES & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Boarding fees can be found on our student Fee Schedule under tuition fees. For more information about our Boarding House please contact Rebecca Rogers on (02) 9752 0500 or submit an enquiry through the online form below.