We are privileged to work with a team of talented and industry-recognised teachers and staff. Would you like to work for The McDonald College?
Secondary Science Teacher (Senior Biology)
Short Term appointment until the end of Term 3 2021
Immediate start preferred.
An exciting opportunity exists for a qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Science teacher to join our Department.
Applicants must possess a teaching qualification, have proven teaching experience and experience using computer applications in teaching.
Key Areas of Responsibility (Teaching)
• Teach Board of Studies Curriculum classes as required.
• Science classes year 8 to Year 10 and Stage 6 Biology
• Develop and implement BOS teaching programmes in accordance with current syllabus
• Teach, set assessments and exams, and mark students’ work
• Maintain appropriate records of assessment for reporting procedures
• Complete student reports
FOR other Key Areas of ResponsibilitY AND ESSENTIAL CRITERIA
Please download the Position Description and Essential Criteria. Please send your application with the names and telephone contact number of two (2) professional referees to Emily.Burns@mcdonald.nsw.edu.au ASAP.
Secondary English Teacher
An opportunity exists for a qualified, experienced and enthusiastic teacher of English Courses in Stages 4 – 6, including Extension 1to join our team. The successful candidate will be a committed educator with a deep passion for English. They will be highly motivated to ensure inspirational engagement with and the continued academic achievement of our students from Year 7 – 12.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Plan and implement creative and well sequenced teaching and learning programmes that engage and challenge students, promote learning and have high expectations of students.
- Maintain teaching programmes and registers and other appropriate assessment records as required by the College.
- Use a range of teaching strategies to deliver quality teaching that engages and challenges students; and Be responsive to student learning styles by differentiating teaching and learning delivery.
- Demonstrate a passion for and experience in assisting students to achieve learning outcomes to the best of their ability.
- Use continuous assessment and constructive feedback to inform teaching practices personally and within the department.
- Work collaboratively within the faculty and across all support systems in the College for the benefit of student learning.
- Engage in constructive, positive and meaningful and communication with parents / carers in a timely manner.
- Prepare regular and meaningful feedback to students and write constructive, positive student reports that reflect a deep understanding of the student and their learning continuum.
- Attend all mandatory College functions such as but not limited to Speech Night, Sports Carnivals, Parent/Teacher Interviews, Information Sessions. Attend College performances regularly.
- Participate in and contribute to the College’s Professional Development Programme
Please download the Position Description and Essential Criteria. Please send your application with the names and telephone contact number of two (2) professional referees to Emily.Burns@mcdonald.nsw.edu.au before 4pm on Friday 21 May 2021.