We encourage our community to refer to the communications sent to parents and students and to the regular updates from the Premier of NSW and the Minister for Education on which our plans have been founded.
In summary, The McDonald College will be returning to on-campus learning on the following staggered basis. Our aim is to return all students to face-to-face learning as soon as it is safe to do so. We are fortunate that we operate on a large campus considering the boutique size of our enrolment.
- Week beginning 11 May 2020
- Wednesday, Years 3 – 9
- Friday, Years 10 – 12
- Week beginning 18 May 2020
- Wednesday, Years 3 – 9
- Thursday, Year 3 – 12
- Friday, Year 3 – 6 and 10 – 12
- Week beginning 25 May 2020
- Whole school returns to on-campus learning
Refer to the Return to School, COVID-19 Protective Procedures distributed to our whole community.
Each subject teacher will update their class-specific assessment requirements with the aim of providing equality for all students.
Academic & Performance Reports
Reports will be issued in accordance with / or similar to the published reporting lines. Reports will be amended to reflect the current learning conditions.
Parent Teacher Interviews
- Parent Teacher interviews for Term 2 are cancelled
- Parents/Carers will be offered the opportunity to contact teachers and track their child’s learning via email and phone calls
Performances & Eisteddfods
- All calendar performances, competitions, High Performance auditions, rehearsals and photo shoots for Term 2 are cancelled
- All Eisteddfods for 2020 are cancelled
- We continue to plan for performances from Term 3 and beyond. We are planning for the High Performance Season to proceed but this could be in a different format and at a different time and venue depending on timely NSW Government advice regarding audience number restrictions. Further details will be advised as soon as possible.
- The After Hours Program will be planning for a different kind of DANCE+ concert this year, potentially an in-house event later in the year to ensure all our After Hours students still have the opportunity to perform for their family and friends. Details will be given in Term 3
Assemblies & Year Meetings
- Secondary Assemblies are cancelled for Term 2
- Junior School Assemblies will continue in a virtual format being broadcast between rooms
- Year Meetings are cancelled for Term 2 but should the need arise these could be rescheduled
The Canteen will re-open in Week 5 (Monday 25 May 2020).
The Boarding House will re-open in preparation for Week 5 (Sunday 24 May 2020).
Please email email@example.com to place an order for our uniform shop.
Stay at home if sick
Students must stay home if they have any respiratory symptoms such as a cough, sore throat or runny nose. This requirement will also apply to staff. Students with any of these symptoms will be isolated and parents will be asked to pick them up immediately. A medical clearance may be required before returning to on campus learning.
We strongly encourage every member of our community to download this application. Should an outbreak occur in our community, fast tracking of contacts could save lives and would reduce the time the College would need to be closed.
Prospective Enrolments & Events
Small events (restricted capacity) such as trial days and private tours of the College will proceed in Term 2. Please contact our College Registrar or visit our Enrolments page for further details and event updates. Please note that this information is subject to change. Upcoming event dates below:
- Kindergarten Experience Day – Wednesday 20 May 2020
- Tennis Open Day – Wednesday 20 May 2020 (TBC)
- Entry Auditions for 2021 – Friday 12 June 2020
HELPFUL INFORMATION & RESOURCES
For further advice and guidance please refer to these websites: