The McDonald College
Friday 2 June 2017
Friday 18 August 2017
(Registrations open soon)
(Students entering in Years 3 and 4 are not required to audition, however, together with their parent/guardian, they will be required to attend an interview with the Director of the Junior School).
Audition day provides prospective students the opportunity to work with our teachers in engaging workshops, and establish how each student can benefit from our high performance pathways. Audition day mirrors the nurturing and creative environment our students experience each day. This is an opportunity for your son or daughter to experience The McDonald College advantage and confirm that our unique program is a good fit for them.
The auditions are an opportunity for students to experience The McDonald College advantage and for students to demonstrate their interest, passion or talent for performing arts. The Registrar will then email you an application for enrolment. The Application for Enrolment along with supporting documentation and the application fee must be submitted to the College prior to attending the audition.
Prospective students are required to nominate the performing arts discipline they wish to audition in. You are welcome to audition in more than one discipline. The five disciplines are: Acting, Classical Ballet, Dance, Music and Musical Theatre. Information on the audition requirements is listed below. Please note that 2017 Entry Auditions have closed for the year, however, individual appointments can be made via The McDonald College Registrar. Alternatively, please visit our Open Day & Tours page for upcoming school information sessions.
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH DISCIPLINE
- Acting: Prospective students will participate in an acting workshop. NO prepared monologues are required. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Classical Ballet: Prospective students will participate in an open classical ballet class. Please wear appropriate classical ballet attire (girls to bring pointe shoes if applicable)
- Dance: Prospective students will participate in a dance class. The class will include a brief warm-up, jazz and tap combinations. Please wear appropriate dance attire and bring jazz shoes(and tap shoes if applicable)
- Music: Prospective students are required to perform one piece of their choosing on their primary instrument. Vocalists should bring backing tracks on a smart device (i.e. iPhone, USB, etc.) or an accompanist. Instrumentalists may bring an accompanist if they wish, or play unaccompanied. Please wear smart casual attire or your school uniform. Prospective students in the Music stream will be allocated an individual audition time
- Musical Theatre: The Musical Theatre audition will be in the format of a vocal audition. Prospective students should bring backing tracks on a smart device (i.e. iPhone, USB, etc.) or an accompanist. Applicants auditioning in Musical Theatre must also audition in a second discipline, such as Dance or Acting. Please wear smart casual attire or your school uniform. Prospective students in the Musical Theatre stream will be allocated an individual audition time
Students are welcome to audition in more than one discipline
Voyager Tennis Elite Sports Program
In conjunction with our partners at Voyager Tennis we liaise directly with each family with regard to acceptance to the Elite Sports Program. Please contact the Registrar for further information.
An Application for Enrolment Fee of $250AU is payable by overseas students. Please contact the Registrar for an application form and for further information on enrolment of overseas students and audition requirements.
For more information please contact the Registrar on (02) 9752 0507 or by email at email@example.com