Places available in all years with larger intakes at Year 3, 5, 9 and 11
TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR 2018
Enrolling at The McDonald College presents students with a unique and exciting opportunity. We provide a strong academic foundation and professional performing arts training that enables our graduates to pursue tertiary education, a performance career, or be well prepared to directly enter the world of corporate opportunities. It is an education and opportunity that no other school can offer.
If you would like to receive an Enrolment Package please complete your details on the Enrolment Enquiry Form and one will be posted to you directly.
Please note that there is no enrolment cut-off date and we accept applications throughout the year. For a list of commonly asked enrolment questions, please visit our FAQ page.
Application and Enrolment Procedure
Entry into the College is by application, audition and interview. Applications for enrolment at The McDonald College should be made in writing by a parent or guardian on the application form provided, accompanied by documents listed on this page and with lodgement of the Application Fee.
1. Please complete Application for Enrolment Form
2. Please provide:
a) A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
b) A copy of the applicant’s two most recent school reports
c) A copy of the applicant’s most recent NAPLAN results
d) A copy of certificates of achievement in performing arts e.g. examinations passed or eisteddfod results etc.
e) One written personal reference for the applicant
f) One written personal reference for the applicant’s family
g) One photograph of the applicant
h) Payment of Application Fee
i) If applicable, demonstrated evidence of the completion of AEAS or IELTS testing if submitting application for an international student.
Year I I & 12 Upper Immediate require an IELTS score of 5.5, and Years 7 – IO Immediate require an IELTS score of 5.0
3. Auditions are held twice annually in the year prior to the applicant’s entry into the College. The applicant is advised to audition in their chosen performing arts area of focus i.e. Acting, Ballet, Dance, Music or Musical Theatre. The applicant may also audition for multiple areas. Students will also undertake an academic test on Audition Day to assess written and numerical competency.
4. Students interested in the Elite Tennis stream can organise a Trial Day with the College. More information can be found under The McDonald College Voyager Tennis Program. Technical Production is also offered as a stream but students do not need to audition for this.
5. Applicants will be notified in writing of the audition outcome within two weeks of auditioning. Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview with the Principal.
6. Once an offer has been made, a parent or guardian will be asked to accept the offer by signing the Acceptance Policy and paying a non-refundable Confirmation of Enrolment fee to secure the applicant’s place. This is a once-off, non-refundable payment.
7. Your enrolment will be confirmed in writing by the College Registrar.
For more information, please contact:
+61 2 9752 0507